Chef de Partie
- Type: Full Time
- Location: Kananaskis, AB
- Employer Type: Business
- Wage ($/hr): $24.00/hour
- Published on: 2021-06-10
- Application Deadline: 2022-06-10
- Job ID: 132650621
- Job Category: Restaurant – Food Service
- Views: 33
Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge
Job Ad – Chef de Partie (CDP) – 4 positions
Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge:
1 Centennial Drive
Kananaskis, AB T0L 2H0
Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is located 1-hour drive from Calgary’s city limits nestled amidst the pines where luxury and mountain living blends seamlessly.
Live the adventure and work for a resort with unlimited opportunities designed for hospitality professionals like you. Real life, hands on training and learning opportunities designed to teach you the day to day operation of a first class mountain resort. We will help you achieve excellence by mentoring you with some of the best talent in the industry. At the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge, we are growing leaders.
Located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is a world class mountain resort property featuring 408 guest rooms, 5 unique Food & Beverage outlets, conference facilities, spa and wellness centre and staff accommodations. All surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks in the Canadian Rockies and conveniently located one hour west of Calgary and forty-five minutes south of Banff and Canmore.
If you have gained valuable experience in the Restaurant or Resort industry as a Chef de Partie and are a proven leader, this could be the opportunity you are looking for! We are recognized as a quality service provider in the hospitality & service industry and searching for positive, team orientated people to join our organization.
We are recruiting for (4) Chef de Partie positions (NOC 6321). The positions are full-time30-40 hours per week, permanent with an hourly rate of $24.00. Overtime may be necessary as required paid at time and half.
• Motivate employees to provide excellence in service, developing strong channels of communication and fostering team spirit.
• Training of individuals on job duties and sanitation and safety procedures
• Instruct and Supervise First Cooks in preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food
• Prepare and cook complete meals, banquets or specialty foods, such as pastries, sauces, soups, salads, vegetables and meat, poultry and fish dishes, and create decorative food displays
• The Chef de Partie will be assist with the implementation of new menus as well as the production and standardization of those menus.
• Prepare and cook food ensuring highest quality standards have been met, maintaining a safe and organized work area
• Estimate food requirement and may estimate food and labour costs
• May Recruit and hire junior staff and apprentices
• Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs when necessary
• Ability to manage and complete all administration shift duties and reports
• Enforcing strict health and hygiene standards in the kitchen and follow the rules of health and safety
• Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins
• Attend training courses and seminars as and when required
• Ensure that the production, preparation and presentation of food are of the highest quality at all times
• Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitization. May requisition food and kitchen supplies
• Follow good preservation standards for the proper handling of all food products at the right temperature
• Flexible shifts hours will be required
• Ensures the safe operation of kitchen equipment by inspecting for, reporting and correcting safety hazards.
• Makes assessments as to production methods for menu items and communicates these recommendations to the Sous Chef.
Employment Experience and Educational Requirements:
• Proven leadership skills with the ability to coach a team
• 3 to 5 years of cooking experience with 1-2 years’ experience as a Chef de Partie
• Cook’s trade certification, which is available in all provinces and territories, or equivalent credentials, training and experience required
• Completion of Secondary school required
• Formal education in Food and Beverage or Hospitality Management an asset
• Understand the basic structure of labour and cost controls and be able to adhere to those plans.
Experience the Kananaskis Mountain Lodge here: https://vimeo.com/261927699
• Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months of continued full-time employment
• Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 5 of our dining outlets
• Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
• Onsite staff accommodations ($8.25-$13.75/day), which include a residence convenience store and employee gym
• One meal per day in our employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
• Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
• Shuttle access to Calgary, Banff, and the Big 3 Ski Resorts
• Health and Wellness benefits, including; Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Dental, Medical, Chiropractic, Massage, and more (some restrictions may apply)
• Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
• Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
If you’re interested in a company that rewards you for your dedication and commitment, then Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is the right place to establish your career!
Apply now or visit us to learn more information at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca
Direct link to application: https://pomeroylodging.talentnest.com/en/posting/69083
Required languages: English
Education level: Cook’s trade certification, which is available in all provinces and territories, or equivalent credentials, training and experience required
Required skills: 3 to 5 years of cooking experience with 1-2 years’ experience as a Chef de Partie
Closest intersection: 1 Centennial Drive, Kananaskis, AB T0L 2H0
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com use the form below