Wood Model Maker
- Type: Full Time
- Location: Kelowna, BC
- Employer Type: Business
- Wage ($/hr): $23/hr
- Published on: 2021-09-14
- Application Deadline: 2021-12-14
- Job ID: 169560921
- Job Category: Manufacturing
- Views: 31
Geometrik Manufacturing Inc.
Wood Model Maker
Employer: Geometrik Manufacturing Inc.
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent (35 hours per week)
Language: English required
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Completion of Secondary School
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: 7272
Job Location (s):
1449 Velocity Street
Geometrik is a wood acoustical design and manufacturing company that focuses on supplying specialty wood products for clients across the globe. The company was established in 2007 and quickly grew to become one of the largest wood ceiling manufacturers on the West Coast of North America.
The knowledge of our highly skilled workforce combined with implementation of advanced industry technologies has allowed our company to supply some of the most advanced and architecturally complex projects in the industry.
Geometrik is looking for two (2) Wood Model Makers who can efficiently assist in the daily operations of our business.
Main Duties include:
• Study plans, specifications or drawings of articles to be made, or prepare specifications
• Mark outlines or dimensions of parts on wood
• Operate woodworking machines, such as power saws, jointers, mortisers and shapers, and use hand tools to cut, shape and form parts and components
• Trim joints and fit parts and subassemblies together to form complete unit using glue and clamps and reinforce joints using nails, screws or other fasteners
• Sand wooden surfaces and apply veneer, stain or polish to finished products
• Repair or restyle wooden furniture, fixtures and related products
• May estimate amount, type and cost of materials required.
– Completion of Secondary School
– Minimum of 2 years experience in woodworking (cabinetmaking) required
– Knowledge of woodworking machines
How to Apply:
Email your resume and cover letter to: Vladimir@geometrik.com
No phone calls please.
-We would like to thank everyone for applying, however, due to the volume of applications received only those moving forward to the interview process will be contacted.
-We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of gender and ethnic group but, as members of ethnic minority groups such as aboriginals, youth and new immigrants are currently under-represented at this level of post, we would encourage applications from members of these groups. Selection will be based on merit alone.
Required languages: English
Education level: Completion of Secondary School
Required skills: Min. of 2 years experience in woodworking (cabinetmaking) required; knowledge of woodworking machines
Closest intersection: Velocity St.
To apply for this job email your details to Vladimir@geometrik.comor use the form below