Seamstress / Factory Production Assistant
- Type: Full Time
- Location: Scarborough
- Employer Type: Business
- Wage ($/hr): 17.00
- Published on: 2021-04-08
- Application Deadline: 2021-07-08
- Job ID: 114650421
- Job Category: Manufacturing
- Views: 30
CRW Sewing Corp.
Company Operating Name: CRW Sewing Corp.
Start Date: As Soon as Possible
Business Address: 5250 Finch Avenue East, Unit 10, Scarborough, Ontario M1S 5A4
Position Title: Seamstress / Factory Production Assistant
Available Positions: Two (2)
Terms of Employment:
• Permanent Position – Full-Time
• Early Mornings, Mornings, Day, Evening, Weekend, Flexible Hours
• Wage: $17.00/Hour for 40 Hours per week
Quality is the highest priority of CRW Sewing. Our customers trust our ability to deliver a high-quality finished garment that meets all their finishing requirements.
Seamstress / Factory Production Assistant Position
CRW Sewing is a knit garment manufacturer working with customer to sew garments in Canada. We pride ourselves on high quality production that exceeds our customer’s expectations.
Reporting directly to the Director of Operations and supporting all factory staff, the Seamstress / Factory Production Assistant is responsible for ensuring all production requirements and timelines are met. This position will have a demonstrated understanding of production procedures, a strong knowledge of sewing machine mechanics and the ability to work with digital pattern plotters.
This position is required to identify inefficiencies with production and work with the Director of Operations to increase productivity. Research and provide financial analysis on possible technology that may be implemented to increase productivity.
The responsibilities outlined below, may at times change as business need changes.
Job Description / Main Duties
– Work with the Director of Operations to schedule production based on customer timelines, factory schedules and fabric/trim delivery.
– Oversee the smooth transition of cutting, to bundling, to sewing and finishing, adjusting the production schedule as needed depending on difficulty or delays that occur.
– Organize all sewing tools and trim required for production to ensure the sewing staff are equipped with the required material for production to avoid delays in sewing.
– Oversee the factory inventory, working with factory staff to ensure thread, trim, machine parts and marker supplies are readily available.
– Ensure all production information is clearly outlined on production sheets and the cutting department schedule is clearly set 48 hours in advance.
– Operate tack machine, snap machine, and button machines; ensuring trim is available for the sewing team when required.
– Work with computerized marker and pattern software; creating digital markers for the cutting department
– Assist with quality control:
– Turning and trimming garments, including insert drawcords, buttons and snaps,
– Marking and sorting trim and fabric,
– Other duties as needed to keep sewing production moving.
– Check finished garments with production sample to ensure it meets all requirements.
– Ensure all threads, trim loose threads inside and outside of garment are removed.
– Assist with finishing orders; hangtagging and/or Polybagging if required, for customer pick up.
– Complete the order for customer pick up, completing the necessary packing slip information for the production.
– Strong skill in prioritizing, organizing, time management and procedure development.
– Project management skills – able to manage multiple garment production with competing priorities.
– Able to manage multiple styles with competing priorities.
– Strong working knowledge of industrial sewing machines and have a willingness to learn additional machines as required.
– Ability to work with various industrial sewing machines, including bar tack, buttonhole and button machines.
– Ability to diagnose technology issues with digital pattern plotters.
– Respectful and supportive to others and comfortable working in an environment where language barriers may result in slower and/or alternative methods of communication.
– Resourceful and focused on finding solutions to inefficiencies that may be impacting production timelines.
– Computer skills, MS Office, specifically strong working knowledge of Excel, reporting and graphs.
– Willing to assist with various production tasks as needed, such as cutting and sorting trim as well as working with various sewing machines.
– Comfortable working with industrial sewing machines.
Education – Completion of Secondary (High) School
Work – 1-2 Years of Experience as a Seamstress/Sewer
Language – Must have good English communication skills
Work Site Environment – Dusty and Noisy
When applying for this position, please use Reference # CRWSFPA2
Covid-19 Safety Protocols and Policy
All staff shall always wear a double layer face mask while inside the CRW Sewing facility and keep a minimum of 6 feet apart from other staff members.
Effective March 1, 2020, CRW Sewing has been a closed facility to suppliers, customers, couriers, and any person(s) not employed by CRW Sewing. To ensure the safety of our team, we will continue this policy until further notice and all staff members must abide by all government Covid-19 safety guidelines when leaving the CRW Sewing facility.
Required languages: English
Education level: Completion of Secondary (High) School
Required skills: 1-2 Years of Experience as a Seamstress/Sewer
Closest intersection: Finch Avenue East and Tiffield Road
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com use the form below