- Type: Full Time
- Location: Victoria, BC
- Employer Type: Private Employer/Household
- Wage ($/hr): $29.00/hr
- Published on: 2023-01-24
- Application Deadline: 2023-04-25
- Job ID: 382160123
- Job Category: Customer Service
- Views: 34
A/J INTERNATIONAL SETTLEMENT GROUP LTD.
A/J INTERNATIONAL SETTLEMENT GROUP LTD. is a British Colombia-based company specializing in providing the affordable housing to the international students and local tenants as well as school application for the international students.
The Company’s primary target clients are international students, immigrants, and local tenants
looking for affordable housing. Currently, the Company focuses its operations on District of
Saanich, a district municipality on Vancouver Island in British Columbia, within the Greater
Victoria area. In the following years, the Company will expand its operations to Great Victoria,
Nanaimo, Great Vancouver, and Lower Mainland.
A/J INTERNATIONAL SETTLEMENT GROUP LTD. is looking for a General Manager to oversee the operation of the company.
• Be responsible for monitoring revenues and profits from all business activities to develop and market additional service offerings.
• Design and implement business strategies, plans, and procedures.
• Establish clear and comprehensive goals based on the parent company’s mission.
• Optimize working schedules with a focus on individual and team strengths.
• Examine the Company’s rules to make sure that they stay relevant and make recommendations for necessary changes.
• Search for opportunities, whether through partnerships or new initiatives, and work to take advantage of those opportunities.
• Represent the Company and attend meetings and conferences relevant to the industry to enhance public relations, coordinate activities as well as plan and promote the business.
• Continuously evaluate Company’s success rate as well as track changing trends in the property management industry to develop and change, when needed, the Company’s policies and procedures.
• Conduct comprehensive market research to diversify the Company’s business model.
What You Bring to The Role:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting/Finance, or related background required, MBA an asset.
• Minimum of 7 to 10 years demonstrated experience in Operations required.
• Specific knowledge of the housing management industry required.
• Must have demonstrated success with problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
• Ability to work with a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
• Must demonstrate expertise in a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Strong customer and employee orientation.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to include presentation skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• Must have a strong commitment to company values.
• Full-time, Permanent
• Dental care
• Extended health care
• Vision care
• Starts from $29.00 per hour, 35-40 hours / wk plus performance-based bonus
• Monday to Friday
• 2-4 people
We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply. We do thank all applicants in advance, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you feel you are the one for this position. Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest.
Required languages: English, second language would be an asset
Education level: Bachelor
Required skills: leadership, customer management, budgeting, housing management and international business skills
Closest intersection: McKenzie Avenue